Monday, March 26, 2012

Life is Like...



"Life is a roller coaster, we are the passengers, and God is the seatbelt..."

My oldest daughter is amazing...

...she sat across from me at the kitchen table one morning as we ate breakfast before church and she made this statement to me.  She was full of all excitement - as if she bumped into her favorite star.  The statement made me sit back in my chair and immediately think about my life up to that very point of the statement.

Our lives our constantly bombarded with the issues of life that causes us to make choices and decisions that are often split seconds apart. We go through steep drops, sharp curves, and loops at speeds that seem so fast that it's blinding. We're secured by either a harness or seatbelt, one that oftentimes has us wondering whether or not it's going to keep us. Yet and still, we go on the roller coaster knowing this. Such is the perseverance that is in all of us.

Isn't it awesome that Jesus provides us with the same security when we accept that it's Him that can provide that through The Father God?

So, as I sit and think about the roller coaster that is known as life in the eyes of my baby girl, I am forever grateful that He has secured me to not only ride it, but enjoy it.

Unconditionally,

Andre

0 comments :

Post a Comment