Tuesday, February 14, 2012

What It Really Means to Love...


"Love, the nights that I cried you loved me,
When I should have died you love me,
I'll never know why you love me,
It's a mystery to me now I'm glad I see Jesus,
When all hope was gone you love me,
You gave me a song that you loved me,
Now I can go on cause you love me,
It's a mystery to me now I'm glad I see Jesus."


-Kirk Franklin




This blog is totally dedicated, totally written for and to, and expressed with unfathomable love, for my wife....

"Beautiful...

There are times in our lives, where words cannot truly express the deepest and most intimate thoughts of our heart. I find that this is one of those times, but I have this overwhelming feeling and need to tell you...

...I love you. More than any box of chocolate, card, diamond bracelet or ring, could ever convey. In you I have seen so many examples of what the definition of a wife truly is. And despite my own shortcomings, faults, and falls, you have kept me encouraged, you have set me straight, you have prayed me through, and you have continued to persevere and love on me in a way that many women would and could not ever imagine...

...while those that don't know you will say that you are weak, you have demonstrated time and time and TIME again your God-given ability to speak to the storms and defeat the giants. You have proven countless times your loyalty and allegiance, not to me, but the God in me, even when I haven't had the same level of loyalty and allegiance to you.  Being the strong Latina that you are, the strong woman of God that you are, you changed not. For that, I'm glad that you showed me the mystery...Jesus....

...you've given me three children that may look like me, but have your gentleness, your compassion, and our love. They are loyal and trusting of their dad, just like their mother - you - are trusting of me. In spite and despite it all, you have continuously fed them the vision of our family even when it seemed like I jumped ship. For that, I am eternally grateful...

...there's a saying that "love makes you do the craziest things". I believe that only when you don't know The Father's Love. You have shown that you know that The Father cares for not only you, but for our family...

...you are the love of my life. On this earthly plane, you, mi amor, complete me. You, mi amor, truly have my heart. You have proven time and time again that your love for me is unwavering and unconditional and real. Others may have said the same, but your actions have been louder and more loving than their words...

...the power of media is a beautiful thing. I'd shout from every single website and social media platform how much I love you...


...so on this Valentine's Day, I commit to a new beginning of honoring you everyday of my life. Your love - His Love through you - has and is continually, shaping me into the man that I am destined to be...


...te amo, mi amor...con todo lo que soy y todo lo que soy para convertirse en...

0 comments :

Post a Comment