Monday, May 11, 2015

Kanye West, the Drunk Guy at the Party

Kanye West proves that he is indeed an artist advocate. Well, at least he believes he is. The internet, in particularly, the Twittersphere, is all a buzz about Kanye's post-Grammy awards commentary. In case you don't know what 'Ye said, here it is:


I don’t even know what Beck said. I just know that, the Grammys, if they want real artists to keep coming back, they need to stop playing with us. We aren’t going to play with them no more. "Flawless." Beyoncé’s video. And Beck needs to respect artistry, he should have given his award to Beyoncé. At this point, we tired of it. What happens is, when you keep on diminishing art, and not respecting the craft, and smacking people in the face after they deliver monumental feats of music, you’re disrespectful to inspiration. We, as musicians, have to inspire people who go to work every day, and they listen to that Beyoncé album, and they feel like it takes them to a different place. And then they do this promotional event, and they’ll run the music over somebody’s speech, the artist, because they want commercial advertising. We aren’t playing with them anymore. And by the way, I got my wife, my daughter, and I got my clothing line, so I’m not going to do nothing that would put my daughter at risk, but I am here to fight for creativity. That’s why I didn’t say anything tonight, but you all knew what it meant when ‘Ye stepped on that stage.




At the awards show, Kanye nearly took the stage to accept the Grammy for Album of the Year instead of Beck, causing a horrified look on Jay's face. Have you ever been to a party and there's that ONE guy who always gets totally drunk to the point where he's not only obnoxious, but he has a tendency to "say how he feels" no matter what anyone else thinks? Yeah, Kanye West IS that guy. You never know what he's going to say. You never really know what he's going to do. You DO KNOW that the night won't pass without him doing or saying SOMETHING.

0 comments :

Post a Comment